Thursday, August 28, 2008

first job, interviews and assessing performance

silly_ka_jax Hello : Do companies offer you the job right on the spot during the final interview or do they get back at you after a couple of days? The final interviewer told me I have a chance of getting in, do you think it's a "pambobola" or does it hold water? Although, I think my chances are not that big because the interviewer gave a specific scenario and told me to sell the product to her. I babbled on and on, I have no experience selling anything whatsoever, BUT the interviewer knows this because I just graduated. They didn't require any selling experience for the job. But, the job requires you to endorse the product. Do you think it's a minus point in my interview not knowing how to sell or market their product properly? Please kindly answer all the questions. Thank you.


yes it does happen that you're offered the job right there and then.

if they ask you to wait for results, they probably want to finish interviewing all those on their list. but your should follow-up. better yet, at the end of the interview, ask when you can follow-up.

no, its not necessarily "a minus" not knowing how to sell. i say that because as you said the interviewer knew you were a fresh graduate and did not have previous selling experience. perhaps rather than selling skills, what the interviewer was looking for was communication skills, confidence, analytical skills and thinking process. specially for new graduates, doing well on these can get you the job.





#92

No comments: