Monday, August 4, 2008

Manager's fault - my fault?

My point of view on the question below.....

The fact is that this happens in many workplaces. It isn’t part of a manager’s role. It’s one of a manager’s or a person’s idiosyncrasies. It’s part of his attitude, his personality. And I can’t blame you for feeling that way. You feel it’s totally unfair, or that the world is all against you. It's very unprofessional. But yes, it does happen... you're blamed for something that is not your fault.

Now, how should you deal with it? You need to ask yourself these questions: Did that mistake create a negative impact on the company’s operations? Is it of great deal? Or something you can just ignore? Would being a scapegoat affect your performance? Would it destroy your career path? How would you feel if you just let it go? Would it be bothersome?

I know people who share the same sentiments. I myself have had similar experiences. In my case, those were the questions I asked myself and from there, i was able to deal with it. BUT... to do it right, you have to know your boss or your manager - his personality, his idiosyncrasies, how he reacts - AND your office dynamics, so you would know what approach you need to make. Now, I cannot give you specific approach on how to deal with it as I do not know the nitty gritty of your situation. You can share it here or send e-mail and we would be happy to give you tips and strategy.


read the question from here: http://upnextlevel.blogspot.com/2008/08/managers-who-do-not-admit-their.html

No comments: