Tuesday, August 19, 2008

kevin Costner : Here is the thing.. I had a good score on the Technical exams, i mean, I think, that I really did very well.

Then comes next the PERSONALITY EXAM, which i think is very odd since ive got to finish the test in 30 short minutes for a 120-question module.I don't know if the company gives emphasis on the personality test but i damn sucked.. at some instance, i wanted to be an introvert, and at some instance i prefer to be an extrovert so that may look confusing when they find out what type of personality I have. IS THE PERSONALITY TEST OF THE APPLICANT A VERY BIG FACTOR IN HIRING THEM? I MEAN, Its just a Test,.. or does it really have a strong impact on the employers?

Moving on, here comes the Workshop.. I dont have any Idea at all what this workshop is all about. I even thought that It was an acting or singing workshop or whatever whimsical workshop I might think since the word "workshop" is stereotyped.. anyway, i soon found out that the workshop is like a test of your communication skills, and your skills to reason out and make some firm judgement on the data that they will give you..so then it came, all 9 qualified applicants has to point out their decisions and justify such decisions.. The thing that really sucked in me is that I am a born debater, so whenever some people made some "negative" remarks on my statements, i always follow it up with a further elaboration but I don't threw their statements in back in their faces. I mean, I just can't help but to elaborate. Is this a bad attitude?.. What kind of interpersonal skills should be "desirable" in these kind of matters??Please help me.

Personality Tests --- there are no right or wrong answers here. and its damn hard to cheat. you really can't answer the questions to get to a pre-determined outcome. personality tests are designed in a way that take these into consideration. some questions are re-stated differently for the purpose of getting a good read.

on the workshop if i was the one hiring and you performed the way you said you did, i would have given you HIGH MARKS if i was there. you would passed in flying colors just because you participated. it says you are a person who is not afraid to speak your mind, has ideas, knows what you are saying and hopefully a good communicator. congratulations!



kevinCostner: Thanks... That really made my day.. sometimes, i cant help but to think that there is something missing in me that is why i didn't make it to the job.. anyway, im just thankful that i still have one..A big thanks...PS.. i just wish that i have read this thread before my interview, it sure is a big motivation..




#85

No comments: